While we are always accepting resumes for people looking to join our team, from time to time, we do post job openings/career opportunities. When these opportunities arise, we will post them here.
Are you someone who thrives in a fast-paced, ever changing environment? Do you like working with people and dread the thought of sitting behind a desk all day? Are you looking for a career that offers an exciting change from the normal day to day? If you are a motivated, hard worker and solid performer, we are looking for you to join our team!
Who are we?
Frederick Scrap Inc, is a metal recycler located in Frederick, MD and is part of Smith Industries, with origins dating back to 1898. We operate one of the oldest and largest scrap and recyclable processors in the country. Through our state-of-the-art separation systems, we buy, process, and sell ferrous and non-ferrous metals by turning raw scrap into a clean and mill-ready product. As the industry’s leader, we strive to find the best talent to serve the needs of our extensive customer base in both the private and public sectors and we continue to revolutionize new facets of recycling that do not currently exist.
What is the job?
One of the most essential positions in the company, our Yard Managers are responsible for coordinating the day to day operations of our local facilities. This role is ideal for either an entry level college grad (0-3 years of experience) or a motivated experienced hire with some industry or management experience.
• Oversee operations of the facility, including management of all yard staff
• Ensure top notch customer service, including opening and closing the yard on time
• Oversee and take part in grading, sorting, loading, unloading, and processing of materials
• Assist when needed with equipment handling
• Ensure safety training occurs when needed and employees remain up to date on all training
• Perform weekly and monthly inventories to ensure accurate inventory at all times
• Communicate with buyers, dispatchers, etc. to ensure smooth operations and customer retention.
Why work for us?
• Exciting and entrepreneurial atmosphere
• Strong culture of recognizing and rewarding strong performance
• Competitive benefits including Health, Dental, 401K with company match, PTO and Paid Holidays
• Company Phone, and reimbursed expenses when approved
• Opportunity to work with an industry leader and to learn from the best!
• Bachelor’s degree with 0-3 years of experience; or 5 years of equivalent work experience
• Ability to multitask and think outside the box
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to pass a thorough background and drug screening
• Material handling experience helpful, management experience helpful
How to Apply:
If interested in joining our team, send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. We hope to fill this position by March. To learn more about our growing business visit our Website and follow us on Facebook.
All positions at Frederick Scrap and Smith Industries are Equal Opportunity Employment Positions. We do not discriminate under any circumstances. Please note that all positions require background checks and drug screening.
Please keep in mind, that whether it is for a General Laborer position, or a Vice President Position- all positions at EMR Smith Industries and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employment Positions. We do not discriminate under any circumstances. Please note that all positions require background checks and drug screening.